Thursday, October 11, 2012

D-day

So if you follow my blog you will know that I've been having major problems with my teeth, wisdom tooth to be exact.
Today was finally the day that they were going to take it out. 
So I was so nervous and scared when I got there and they gave me this calming thing which didn't work one bit.
I went into the surgery and the first thing that I had to do was another X-ray which hurt sooooo much. I had to bite down on this thing as hard as I could and it was digging into my gum. It was awful. 
After that they gave me the anesthetic and the needle that they used was massive and of course that hurt as well. They gave me a hell of a lot of anesthetic which is good I guess otherwise I don't think that I would have been able to bear the pain.  
The dentist then decided that he wasn't going to take the actual wisdom tooth out, but the one next to it so the 7th tooth. He did this because it was an easy process than trying to extract the wisdom tooth.
So now I have a massive gap in my mouth, which you can't see but I can feel and it feels really weird. 
However, I'm happy that it has finally been done. It's a bit sore but I have antibiotics and painkillers so that's good. Oh and lots of ice cream :). 
I have to go back to the dentist next week to get the stitches out, but hopefully, fingers crossed, that will be the last time for quite a while. 

Izzy
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment