Wednesday, October 24, 2012

News update

So just a quick update for you guys today. About a month ago I had an assessment day with Debenhams, which is a department store for those of you who don't know, and they said they would let us know from the 13th of October onwards if we'd got the job or not.

If you follow my blog you will know that I have been out of the country for 2 weeks, however I had my PC and English phone with me so I could still receive emails and calls. Anyways on Monday I got a message from one of the girls that was in my group on the assessment day asking me if I had got the job. 
I immediately went and looked at my emails and checked my phone but I hadn't received anything. I thought I might have received a letter, so when I got home yesterday I checked but nothing had come through the post. 

This morning when I got up I got the number for HR in Debenhams. I called them and a really nice woman answered. I told her that I had done an assessment day and hadn't heard anything back from them and was wondering if  they could tell me anything. 
She ask for my name, address and the name of the person who I had my interview with. She then put me on hold so she could call the store. I was really anxious and was just admitting defeat when she came back on the line and told me that I had been offered the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :). 
I am so so so happy, it has really boosted my confidence and has made me feel even better about moving over here. 

Izzy
xxx

1 comment: